The HarperCollins and BFI Virtual Romance Festival Taking Place Next Weekend
The HarperCollins and BFI virtual romance festival #BFILoveFest is taking place next weekend 20-22 November. They will be exploring the intersection between romantic film and literature. There are some great sessions planned:
– Why we love Richard Curtis and Nora Ephron movies so much
– Christmas romances with Sarah Morgan
– Young love in the movies
– Rural romances vs East End heartache with Alex Brown and Kimberley Chambers
– Carmel Harrington & Hazel Gaynor on the movies that inspired their books
– What are the greatest Shakespeare screen adaptations?
and much more……
The festival is part of BFI Love the major UK-wide celebration of LOVE on the big and small screen (in partnership with Plusnet). The #BFILoveFest will include author debates, digital forums and a further programme of events on Facebook and Twitter. It will be an open and inclusive event which aims to encourage discussion and focus on the themes that the BFI are exploring, namely:-
- The Power of Love
- Fools for Love
- Fatal Attractions
#BFILoveFest is completely FREE and takes place on social media, so no need to leave the comfort of your home. You will need to register below to be sent the final program for the #BFILoveFest.