Peter Facinelli interview with Fredericksburg
I just popped onto Peter’s official website and saw this interview. Its pretty long so follow the link at the bottom to read the rest of it back on his site.
An interview with a vampire
BY EDIE GROSS
Peter Facinelli had never heard of the “Twilight” books when his agent asked him to audition for a vampire movie.
“I said no. I was thinking it was some B or C slasher, horror kind of picture,” said Facinelli, whose agent quickly sent him a copy of Stephenie Meyer’s popular first novel.
“It wasn’t a schlocky horror movie.” No, indeed.
The first three films in the “Twilight” series have grossed $1.7 billion worldwide and spawned full-blown fandemonium, with “Twi-hards” camping out days in advance for film premiere tickets, decked out head-to-toe in movie merchandise. And Facinelli has been along for the ride as Dr. Carlisle Cullen, the kindly head of a family of “vegetarian” vampires–they feed only on animals, not humans–and the adoptive father of Edward, played by mega-star Rob Pattinson.
Facinelli will greet fans tomorrow at Spotsylvania Towne Centre as part of a fundraiser for the Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation, which supports pediatric cancer research. Since the first film came out in 2008, Facinelli has done his share of public appearances, many on behalf of charities. This one, founded by parents who lost their 8-year-old daughter to cancer, is a favorite of the actor, who has three young girls of his own.
“These parents took this horrible, devastating thing and made it into something inspiring and positive,” said Facinelli, who has also visited pediatric hospitals. “I have kids. I couldn’t even imagine them having to be in a hospital sick.”
His previous appearances have attracted thousands, and his Twitter feed has nearly 1.7 million followers. Still, Facinelli seems genuinely surprised by the throngs. “I’m always excited when more than five people show up,” he said. “I’m always flattered.”
You can read the rest of the interview at Peter-Facinelli.com
1. Blood type? A-negative
2. Favorite “Twilight” film so far? “Eclipse.” I just like the action of “Eclipse.” It felt like “Twilight” introduced us to the vampires, and “New Moon” introduced us to the werewolves. In “Eclipse,” both clans are teaming up. “Eclipse” kind of brought all the worlds together. Plus, Carlisle rolling up his sleeves and getting dirty was fun for me.
3. Team Edward or Team Jacob? Team Edward
4. Favorite junk food? Pizza
5. Bad habit? Biting nails
6. Do you floss? Most of the time, or at least I’d like to
7. First concert? As Carlisle, Beethoven. As Peter, Jeff Buckley. I’ve never seen anything like it, where the whole crowd was just entranced.
8. Favorite getaway? Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, and Kona, Hawaii
9. World Series or Super Bowl? World Series (Yankees fan)
10. Cats or dogs? Cats
11. Right- or left-handed? Right-handed
12. Coke or Pepsi? Coke
13. Do you feel guilty that the films have essentially taught a generation of young women that the ideal man will be immortal, hopelessly good-looking, have the manners and intellect of a 19th-century British Romantic poet and be a Volvo owner? No, because it gives guys something to aspire to. If they can get a fraction of that, if they can just own the Volvo, they’re headed on the right track.