Kristen Stewart interview in the Coventry Telegraph
Coventry Telegraph interviewed Kristen in the Eclipse promotional stint and here it is.
TWILIGHT star Kristen Stewart says her life has changed since playing Bella in the vampire romance films.
Speaking as the The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, the third film in the series, broke records at the UK box office this past weekend, Kristen told of the impact of the movies.
“I can’t really go to malls anymore, obviously, but that’s not like a huge sacrifice”, she said.
“The biggest change is that it’s put me in a position to be able to make choices as an actor and that’s really rare for anybody.
“Usually you do what you get, it’s a hard business and so that’s what Twilight’s given me, it’s given me indulgences as an actor.”
And she told us the continued success of the series after the first film had been a total surprise.
“Nobody had any idea that we were even going to make a sequel [after the first Twilight film]”, she admitted.
“The success of the books grew in an insanely quick amount of time with the growth of the movies.
“Initially we were really excited by the fanbase that we had because it was going to be a cult phenomenon or whatever but we had no idea it would become a global phenomenon.”
Kristen Stewart Factfile
* She was born on April 9, 1990 in Los Angeles.
* She was awarded the Bafta Orange Rising Star Award at this year’s ceremony.
* This summer she starts shooting a big screen adaptation of Jack Kerouac’s On The Road.
* All the Twilight vampires have individudal superhuman abilities and if she had to choose a vampire power it would be the ability to hear people’s thoughts. “I think I could handle it,” she says.
* She appeared as Tracy Tatro in Sean Penn’s directorial debut Into the Wild, in which she performed two songs, including one she wrote.
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse smashed the 2010 opening weekend record in the UK last weekend, taking £13.7million to beat the £10million total of Alice in Wonderland in March.